The Municipality of Swan Valley West
is Pleased to Have Awarded all 6 Grants
in Celebration of Canada’s 150th Birthday!
The Swan Valley West Canada 150 Grants have now all been awarded. Below is a short summary of the projects undertaken by the organizations awarded the grant.
- Benito School – The Canada 150 Grant was used to purchase plants for their flower garden project. The flowers were planted in the shape of a Canadian Flag!
- Benito Legion Ladies Auxiliary – The Canada 150 grant funds will be used to help build a display case in the Legion Hall in order to show case memorabilia and photographs of local veterans.
- Kenville Community Hall – The Canada 50 grant was used for the purchase of two Canadian Flags and flag poles, one to be situated on each side of the “Welcome to Kenville” sign located at the entrance to the community off of highway 83.
- Swan Valley Settlement & Immigrant Services – The grant was used to help fund the Canada Day BBQ for Immigrants and the Community that was held on July 1st.
- Bowsman Nursery School – The Canada 150 Grant will be used to help the establish the Bowsman Early Learning Centre as there has been found a significant need for a daycare centre in the Bowsman area.
- Swan Valley Chamber of Commerce – The Canada 150 grant will be used as a contribution toward the Canada 150 Mural that has been approved for the west side of the Swan River Curling Rink.