The Municipality of Swan Valley West has one employment opportunity available at this time.
FINANCE OFFICER POSITION
The Municipality of Swan Valley West is currently seeking a skilled, experienced
Finance Officer to join our organization
Under the direction of and reporting directly to the Chief Administrative Officer you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of our financial transactions and procedures.
The ideal candidate should be familiar with audits, invoices, budget preparations, managing accounting activities, including bank reconciliations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax roll and associated duties as well as payroll. You should also have excellent organizational skills and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks.
- Proven work experience, 2+ years, as a Finance Officer or similar role
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using financial software
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
Preference Given To Those With
- Business Accounting Certificate, (CPA is considered an asset)
- CMMA from University of Manitoba or willing to enroll in the program
- Working knowledge of Munisoft Municipal software
Salary in accordance with current municipal Union Contract and dependent upon qualifications and experience.
A more detailed job description available upon request from the address listed below.
Resumes must be submitted in a sealed envelope marked;
APPLICATION: Finance Officer
Please make submissions;
In Person to the Swan River Municipal Office
216 Main Street W.
By mail to Box #610, Swan River, MB. R0L 1Z0
Or by email to email@example.com
*PLEASE CALL AND CONFIRM RECEIPT OF YOUR APPLICATION*
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.