NOTICE OF REGISTRATION OF PROSPECTIVE CANDIDATE FOR GENERAL MUNICIPAL ELECTION MUNICIPALITY OF SWAN VALLEY WEST
Please be advised that a general municipal election will be held on October 26, 2022
Prospective municipal election candidates must register with the Senior Election Official (SEO) during the registration period before they may begin to accept contributions, incur expenses, fundraise or borrow money for their campaign.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that I will be receiving candidate registrations:
- For the office of head of Council: between May 1, 2022 and September 20, 2022
- For the office of Councillor: between June 30, 2022 and September 20, 2022
- For LUD of Benito LUD Committee Member: between June 30, 2022 and September 20, 2022
At the Municipality of Swan Valley West 216 Main Street W Swan River, MB during the regular hours of business which are 8:30 to 12:00 and 1:00 to 4:30.
To obtain a registration form contact:
Lynn Williamson, Senior Election Official
216 Main Street Swan River MB R0L 1Z0
Dated at the Town of Swan River on the 11th day of April, 2022 Lynn Williamson, Senior Election Official
MUNICIPALITY OF SWAN VALLEY WEST VOTERS LIST
In accordance with Section 36 of The Municipal Councils and School Boards Elections Act, The Municipality of Swan Valley West Voters List is open for changes or revisions.
- Any person who is eligible to vote in municipal elections in the local authorities of the The Municipality of Swan Valley West can have his or her name added to the Voters List, or have any information about the voter on the Voters List corrected.
- Any person can request to have his or her name and address obscured from the Voters List. A person who’s name has been obscured will receive a Personal Security Certificate and Identification number. In a municipal election a person that has been issued a Personal Security Certificate may only vote by Sealed Envelope Ballot and cannot vote in person at the regular or advance voting places.
*To implement the above, a written request must be submitted to the Senior Election Official, in person, by e-mail, fax or mail to:
Senior Election Official
Box 610 216 Main Street
Swan River, MB R0L 1Z0
The last day for making revisions to the voters list is September 20, 2022
The next general municipal election takes place on Wednesday, October 26, 2022